They we so cute tossing bread to the ducks. It was kind of funny, at first the bread kept landing by their feet or barely in the water, but then they hit their stride and those ducks were hopping. Pretty soon we had a little family of turtles competing with the ducks for the bread. When we went to get the last few pieces of bread we found Grant munching on a piece. He didn't care about the ducks, I guess he wanted in on the action.
There we a couple of different kinds of ducks and one of the white ducks got a little brave and came right out of the water at Juliana. It scared her pretty good for a minute, but when she realized that he wasn't going to get her she was ok.
There was a funny sign right by the duck pond. It said Elephant crossing. I have no idea who put it there, but it was kind of entertaining.
Although we had a fun time, we had true Arizona weather today. It had to have been at least 110 degrees and very sunny. We lasted for about half and hour and downed all the water I brought. The girls didn't want to go, but they were both pink in the face and we were all roasting so we headed home. It was a nice ending to a great day.
2 comments:
Sounds like fun! I was just thinking about the AZ weather. it got to 102-104 maybee And I'm not much for going on outings. I am dying here....thinking how hot it must be there.
I enjoy taking my little grandkids there! How fun.
Post a Comment