Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cancun in June

Josh and I had our first getaway since having kids and really our first big trip together ever. We had a great time. My Mom and sister helped watch the kids , which was so nice. I am really grateful to them and my Dad who helped watch my little ones. Josh had bought this trip as a surprise for our seventh anniversary. We almost didn't go with the whole swine flu, but we went "whole hog" as my dad would say and went anyway. We had never really planned to go to Cancun, but it was a great deal. It was so beautiful on the beach and the weather was perfect. I would recommend it to anyone. One of the days were were there we went on a Jungle Tour. I am not sure exactly why they called it that, but it was a lot of fun. You get to drive this little speed boat through the lagoon to the ocean. Then you stop and tether the bots together and go snorkeling. W saw some beautiful fish and the coral reef and even a barracuda.

In the picture below, we had a nice dinner at our hotel and earlier that day we took a crazy bus ride down to the local mall. It wasn't too bad, but was interesting. The man in front of the bus in yellow was playing his harmonica. He was blind and after each song, would walk the aisle for change. He was pretty good. The bottom right picture was the view from our room. I couldn't believe how clear and blue the water was.

Our second or third day there we also when to another tour at Xel-Ha. It is an Eco-park that has tubing, snorkeling , canoeing and other fun tings to do. It included all your meals and all your gear. We spent the day playing and trying not to get too sunburned. In the bottom right photo Josh jumped off one of the cliffs at the park. I was too chicken to do it.

In the top right photo, Josh and I went tubing down the river. The first part is like a tunnel. The plants are called mangle and it was really interesting stuff. There were a ton of iguanas just wandering around the park.


Look at my cute husband just chillin. We took most f these pictures the first night we were there. Except the bottom right that was also one from tubing down the river.


We loved swimming and playing in the ocean. Josh was like a big kid. He was almost giddy jumping into the waves and trying to ride them to shore.

Thanks Josh for a great trip. I wish we could go more and bring the kids one time. I do have to admit it was so nice to do what ever we wanted and just enjoy spending time as a couple.

4 comments:

annelisa said...

What a fun trip! Maybe someday!

Anna Elledge said...

That sounds so fun. I'm glad you were able to get away!!

Alida said...

Good for you guys! I think get aways like that are so important for a marriage. What a fun trip! If only I could convince RJ to surprise me like that! Way to go Josh!

Michelle said...

Wow! That looks so fun! I'm so happy that you guys went "whole hog" and lived it up. You deserved it! Btw, I miss you lots!