Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Brave Girls
We decided to try swimming lessons again this year. Like last year it started off a little rocky with the girls. They are like me and not the bravest in the water, but they are showing so much progress and I am very proud. They are finally getting used to having water in their faces and are even starting to like it! Today I was very happy and excited for them. They overcame some of their fear and jumped off the diving board with their teacher. This may seem small to some, but it is HUGE to us!! I am so proud of my brave girls. I am feeling a little brave too because I have been doing the mom and tot class with Grant at the same time as the girls. I have been wearing a swimsuit in public for eight days. Crazy I know. I do have to admit it is mostly moms and not very many of us, but it is much nicer to ease into swimsuit season, instead of hitting the large public pool. It has been helping me to feel a tiny bit more comfortable about going to Cancun and wearing a swimsuit.
This is the pre-jump picture. It is hot in Arizona, but the wind was blowing and the pool is still pretty cold. They were good sports about freezing. (If you can truly freeze in 100 degree weather)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I myself am not brave enough to attempt swimming lessons with all the girls. Maybe next summer, when Marley's two!
First of all, yeah! So excited that the girls are starting to enjoy swimming. It will definitely make summer survival more fun. Second of all, just shed that cover-up in Cancun and have a fabulous time!
I am so excited you are going to Cancun. And, yes I am so proud of the girls! The pics are so cute!
Great photos! Swimming was always the highlight of my summers with my kids...we all did lessons...great way to keep weight in check! Have fun in Cancun!
Post a Comment