
I thought that we had killed the poor moth by shaken moth syndrome, but I was wrong. Juliana noticed it flying around in his jar this morning. She was excited that it hatched, but a little disappointed that it wasn't a pretty moth. She was sad that it wasn't a butterfly, but is determined to try again. It is a good thing that he decided to finish his transformation today, because I was about to dump him out back. Did you notice that I have made him male. If it had been a butterfly, I would probably have made it a female. Makes sense right?
4 comments:
Just like a ladybug is always a girl - except on A Bug's Life. :) Nice work, science teacher. We are talking about nature in preschool, and I've been looking for caterpillars - to no avail. Maybe I'll just show the kids your pictures!
you can alwyas send away for one. I am not sure how much it costs, but that is what we did in 1st grade. It is great, it comes with food, a butterfly house , etc.
I just watched Bug's Life last weekend...this reminds me of Heinrich's happiness of becoming a beautiful little butterfly...
Your kids are looking grown-up!
How's the school going for your husband? I'm curious to hear.
Did the girls take it ok that it was just a moth? :)
Post a Comment