Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blog Block

I admit I have been suffering from a bad case of Blog Block. I think of fun things to record and then I just don't follow through. I have also started a few new posts, and heaven forbid, I deleted them! So I am going to try and record a few things that I don't want to forget and give you all an update at the same time.
First of all my little man is starting to show his mischievous side. He has escaped out the front door and almost gave me a heart attack. Luckily he didn't get past the garbage can that was barely in the road. Man, those little guys are fast, he had one glance of me running out to get him, smiled big and took off! He has also found every nook and cranny that is not baby proofed all the way. He is much more into everything than my girls were. His new favorite is to grab as many Q-tips as he can and eat them ! What kind of nutritional deficiency is that?Secondly, most of you know that Juliana has lost a couple of teeth. I was planning on throwing them out, but decided to keep her first two for her when she gets bigger. I know kind of gross, but I thought is was a good idea at the time. Anyway I put them up high in a place I was sure she wouldn't find them. Well they found them. Malia was the person to expose my cover. What to do??? So like any mother not wanting to spoil the Tooth Fairy so soon, I made up a little story. I told them about meeting the Tooth Fairy on her way out and begging her for Juliana's first two teeth, so that I could give them to her later. I promised the tooth fairy that she could have all the rest to build all her beautiful castles. They believed me, but for the last few days I have been peppered with questions about what she looked like, etc. Oh, the webs we weave!!!
Juliana is growing up before my eyes, she has been reading beginner books to me and it is so weird and so awesome when you first born reads for you! She also loves to play games on the computer and talk to her friends on the phone. Aren't the last two supposed to start when they are a little older??

Now on to my little Malia. Her new things are snapping and strawberries. She has been practicing her snapping for a while and is now very good at it. She snaps all the time. She has even started to snap to get our attention. I had to teach her the difference between snapping for fun and when it can come across as a little rude. It is a little hard not to laugh when she does this, but I don't want her snapping at her teachers to get their attention! Above is a picture I made of Malia, Juliana and Grant enjoying Maila's strawberries that Grandma brought her, per her request! She was so excited to eat them, but she knew that Juliana doesn't like strawberries,so she asked Grandma to bring an apple too. How thoughtful. She is always planning!
Last of all I wanted to include a picture of Josh's Car. I told some of you about it, those who live close get to see it firsthand, but for those of you far away, here it is!! I call it the Imagine Mobile, and try to avoid driving it as much as possible. When I do drive it, I sometimes forget it is so crazy and wonder why people keep looking at me. It works well for his job, and he doesn't care about driving it. It is all for the good of the school. Sorry about the blogathon after the blog block, but I just had to get it out there!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the look of your new blog! I can't believe how young you two look in your wedding pic. Malia's snapping is cute -- I have a hard time being stern when something strikes me as funny too.

Mouse said...

I've had a hard time keeping my blog up to date lately too. I had some pictures I wanted to post, but Chris lost the SD card they were on. Oops...