Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Fun

I know that some people don't love Valentine's Day, but I think it is kind of fun. The girls get so excited to make cookies and Valentines to give to their friends . This year Juliana and Malia wanted to make homemade Valentine's. I loved it. We cut out some cute pink hearts and the girls put barbie and princess stickers all over them. They picked out some chocolate lips and we put in a fun semi-homemade cookie and they turned out so cute.
The girls also had some friends over this last Friday. They had an inside picnic after playing at the park. We had heart PB&J's. It is amazing how a cookie cutter can make a sandwich so much more fun!


Josh and I were also able to go on a date today. We traded babysitting with my friend Cammie. We are so thankful to her. She has one and we have three, so she was really really wonderful to watch our crazy kids. Josh and I saw a movie and went to lunch. It really is nice to go out with just the two of us. I know that we need to go more. It is easy to forget how much you connect in just a couple of hours away from the kids. I love my kids, but I really love my husband! I hope you all had a nice Valentine's day too!

3 comments:

~The White family~ said...

You are so creative and fun to make those cute treats for Valentine's! Sounds like you had a great day!!! Happy Valentine's day!

Michelle said...

I love (ha ha) Valentine's Day too! We also went out for a movie and meal -- so creative aren't we? How's the thumb?

Mouse said...

We opted for the "family date" on V-day and went to Cabela's. We had dinner there - Chris had the venison bratworst. I stuck with good ol' fashioned beef (if it ain't broke...).