Friday, February 6, 2009
No Egg Rolls Tonight!
It actually happened on Wednesday night. I was trying to be the good wife and have a fun dinner on the table. I had never made egg rolls before, so I was excited to have them for dinner. I was chopping the cabbage, Grant was trying to climb my legs and all it took was a moment of distraction and I sliced my thumb. Ouch! I grabbed my hand and ran for the sink. I then grabbed some paper towels and squeezed as hard as I could. Luckily My oldest is very good at dialing numbers and helped me call Josh. She was such a great helper. When Josh got home we weren't sure what to do, it was one of those stupid borderline cuts. It could need stitches, or just be glued back together. So being on the safe side, (I really do like having the top of my thumb) we went to have it checked out. Our good friend watched our kids last minute and her husband helped get us in quick at the hospital. I felt kind of stupid, but oh well I was going to have to follow through now. The doctor said she could do a couple of stitches, but thought they might tear, so she steri striped me up and now I have a huge bandage on my thumb. At first I didn't really want to say anything to people,but when you walk around with a huge white thumb, it is a little hard to miss. So if anyone needs to hitch hike, I am your girl. Having trouble growing things I will paint it green and be over to help. I am out of commission on the thumb wresting, but hope to be back in the ring soon. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ouch!!
Can I place dibs on being your first thumb wrestling contestant when you heal?
Ouch!! I am getting better but I used to cut myself all the time when I was making dinner!! If my husband is home I make him cut things up!! Hope it heals quickly!!
i think that same friend helped us out last week getting a quick pass through the ER.. nice to have friends in high places!!
Hope you get well soon and try eggrolls again sometime! they are yummy!
You are so cute! I just love you and your sense of humor! I hope you are at least feeling better and not so sore by now. I love you! So no more cutting the fingers!
Sorry about your finger. I cut my middle finger not to long ago on my food processor blade. I really didn't want to go to the ER so I waited until my OB/GYN friend got done with a c-section and came over to look at it. It's so nice knowing people! I hope you attempt egg rolls again!
The best laid plans! I recommend egg rolls from the frozen section. Then, you only have to worry about burning your hand on the oven. Hmm. Still dangerous. Jack in the Box's are pretty good... :)
Hope the next batch turns out better. Maybe dinner prep during nap time is an idea:) Sorry...hope you are back to normal soon.
Yikes! That's what you get for trying to be a great mom/wife. Kind of like how I always strain my wrist and end up in a brace whenver I mop.
Post a Comment