Monday, February 16, 2009

Let's Go Fly A Kite

On Mondays we always have Family Night. Josh had the day off for President's Day so after Grant's nap we went to the park to fly the kites we got the Girl's for Valentine's Day. They were so excited, but I have to say there were a few hiccups along the way. First of all Grant was loving being out in the open and took off every chance he got! We barely got the kites out of their packages and he was off and running. We finally had to get the stroller so we could help the girls. There wasn't a lot of wind but Juliana was able to get her kite up a little . She was a little frustrated at times, but was having a fun time. The poor kid did a face plant trying to run with her kite. I felt bad for her, but with Juliana's usual style, she got back up and said,"I'm OK!" and took off again. I know I shouldn't have, but it was one of those times where you can't help laughing.

Malia's kite was inflatable and was a little easier to fly. She was so cute, she kept saying, "Look mom I'm doing it!"
After about 20 minutes, the girls had a run in and Juliana accidentally stepped on Malia's kite and it popped! Oops. Malia was disappointed, but was ready to go play at the park.

We let Grant out of the stroller and let him go play on the slide. He was in heaven. He is definitely an independent little guy.


WEEEEE!
So, for our first family kite flying adventure it went pretty well and we all had a fun time!

5 comments:

Mouse said...

It's great how resilient kids are. Wouldn't it be great if we could all live that way - "If someone pops your kite, go play on the swings!"

trublubyu said...

kites are so fun. i am not a very good kite-flier. what's the trick to getting those things up high?

Kathryn said...

You've changed your blog! I love it! I have the cutest grandkids! I can't wait to see them (and you. of course) again!

Heidi said...

I'm impressed that you tried so early in the season. Looks like they had a fun time at the park. Good luck keeping up with the little man!

Michelle said...

Seeing that park brings back many memories of impromptu play dates. Love you and your kids. Miss you lots!