Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve Trek

On the last day of 2008 we decided to do something as a family. the girls have been asking to go camping for months, and since we still don't have a tent or many other things required to camp, we did the next best thing. We took them hiking. It was a pretty easy trail and such a beautiful day. They loved it! A nice lady offered to take a family photo. Aren't we so cute! (Just kidding.)
I love this picture of Grant and Josh. Grant has started pointing at everything and I caught them both looking at something at the same time.

Happy Trails!




At then end of the hike, we saw a little waterfall. It was neat to see because most of the year there isn't any water. The girls did pretty well getting across the stepping stones at the end to see it. Thanks to all the other hikers for helping us on the wet parts! I was the only one to stick my foot in the pool of water at the end. Oh well, better me than them!

On our way back I took a picture of them standing by a huge saguaro cactus. It must be as tall as our house! Malia told us that all the arms on the cactus was the cactus babies and that when you see a little cactus, the mommy cactus must have dropped it! Too funny. We had a picnic lunch and played at a little park at the end of the hike. We finished out our day by having my parents and brother and sister over for games and treats. I forgot to take pictures of that. (oops) Happy New Year to everyone!

6 comments:

Sandi and Curtis said...

Where was this that you went hiking? Looks beautiful!

Kathryn said...

Cute new blog! I love those grandkids! Keep those pictures coming!

Carolyn said...

We went to the White Tank Mountains. It cost six dollars to get in and there are a few different hikes. Take the 303 to Olive and head to the mountain. This one was pretty easy and very fun.

Heidi said...

Wow I miss the desert! What a fun day! I'm glad you all enjoyed it. Grant is getting so cute with his big one year old personality! Cute pics!

Matt and Shannon said...

You look great! :) Can't believe Grant is one already. We need to have our catch up call one of these days!

Mouse said...

I love hiking, and I'm excited because it's that time of year again! That looks like the White Tanks.