Monday, December 8, 2008

Cute Girls and Christmas Dresses

Once again it is that time of season. We have been busy getting ready for Christmas and one of our traditions is to get the girls Christmas dresses. We let them wear them earlier this year and they looked so cute on Sunday. We have been focusing a little on getting shopping done and things, but still trying to keep with the true Christmas spirit. I guess that it is kind of working, because Juliana has been talking about Jesus a lot and saying how lucky we are. On our way home home from a friends last week we were driving at night and the stars were out. There was one star that was brighter than the rest and Juliana said, "Mom I think that must have been where Jesus was born!" She was so excited. It made me laugh, but then I thought about how simple and sweet they are and how they really do love the Savior. That same night she asked me if Jesus had cars to drive around and I told that they didn't . She asked how long it would take to get to our friends if we didn't have a car and I told her a couple of days, because they live on the other side of the valley. She said wow, it is a good thing that Jesus invented cars! So cute!
Last story, but on Sunday we were all ready and driving to church and we saw a swarm of birds, it really looked like the cartoon swarm of bees. There must have been a thousand birds all flying together, it was pretty neat. Juliana saw them and said, "They must all be going to bird church."
I am just so thankful that she loves church and Jesus.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

cute stories and dresses. feels good when your kids say stuff like that. makes me feel like i'm doing something right at least when carter says stuff like that.

Anna Elledge said...

Those dresses are so cute-I love Christmas time.

Heidi said...

I'm glad Jesus invented cars too!

You are a good mama!

Mechelle said...

cute, cute, cute!

~The White family~ said...

Very cute dresses and very adorable children!!!

Michelle said...

I especially love the picture of Grant running up to you while you are trying to take a group shot! So cute! (Except if you are the one trying to get a good picture in!)

Mouse said...

Isn't it so fun to play dress-up with little girls on Christmas and Easter? (boys may be fun too, I wouldn't know... ;)