Happy Big 5 Juliana!
Juliana turned five this last weekend! I can't believe that my baby girl is five. She has been so excited for her birthday. We had a party at Peter Piper Pizza. They played games for prizes and rode on the rides. It was so nice not to have to clean up my house after a party. She invited six friends and her Grandma and Papa Crookston.
She keeps telling me that she can do so many things now that she is a big girl and is five. She even discovered that she has a lose tooth. It is crazy to have one kid losing teeth, while one is just getting them.
She got some fun gifts from her friends. One of her favorites was a story book that she gets to make. It is kind of like a scrapbook, but it looks like a fairy tale book. She has been decorating it and then dictating her story so that we can write it on the pages.
Ok, I know these pictures are a little weird, but I just wanted to share a lesson learned. I made these cute cupcakes with the girls to bring to the party. Juliana requested chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting and pink sprinkles and the crowns. They turned out so well and she was excited to bring them. I covered them the night before the party so they would stay fresh, but I guess that didn't read the part about lightly covering them, because I covered them too tightly and all the frosting melted off! The were a mess. I was going to try and re frost them, but they were so sticky, so I gave up and ran to the store before the party. So lesson learned, don't cover your cupcakes too tightly!!
We ended up throwing most of them away, because nobody wanted to eat them, too bad!
6 comments:
Don't they just grow up too fast?! Looks like she had a great party! I've done that to cupcakes before...thankfully the bakery had just what we needed.
that stinks about the cupcakes, but I'm glad her day turned out anyway, and you didn't have to clean any of it up! bonus!!
Happy Birthday Juliana!The cupcakes looked cute at least! Hope you had a fun day.
I SOOO get the teething thing! It is crazy when two of them are going at it at the same time! One loosing the front ones and the other getting in the back ones and they are both miserable! I just couldn't believe it was already time for Elizabeth to be loosing them--didn't she just get them all in like a couple months ago???! Happy 5th b-day Juliana! Her hair cut is so darling. She looks very grown up.
I hope Juliana had a fun day! I know Nicholas loved his birthday and was ready to do it again the next day. We had a mishap with our cahke too. I ran ourt of time and just bought a small cake at the store. Somehow Hannah turned it upside down. Oh well, everyone said it tasted good. I'm glad because it looked horrible. Hence no pictures with the cake were posted!
The cupcakes sounded cute at least!
Post a Comment