I just wanted everyone to know that I am going to be making my blog private. I have been using a site called Site Meter to monitor who views my blog and where they are from and how they found my blog. Here is the link ,http://www.sitemeter.com/. I was checking it casually and lately noticed that there were people viewing pages of my blog that seemed unsavory. I had posted a page titled "swim lesson" almost a year ago and noticed that there were people from other countries that were visiting this post regularly. It made me sick. I have deleted this post, but people still have access to the rest of my blog. I think that they found my blog by searching google images or other google searches. I have taken my blog off search engines, but would feel better if images of my cute kids weren't used for other purposes. I don't feel that having a open blog is bad, but if you are interested in using this site it gives you a much better idea of who is viewing your information. It is free if you do the limited version, but it serves the purpose that I needed. I loved having an open blog, and I hate that you will all have to log in to see my blog, but I feel like it is the right thing to do for my family. I don't feel like my family is in any danger, but I don't like images I post being exploited.
I have added comment moderation so if you would like to view my blog and be added to my list leave a comment with your email address and I will add it to the list. I will not publish your email address in the comments section, I will only be writing down your email from my email address. I hate doing this, in fact it makes me really mad, but there is not much I can do.
2 comments:
I would love to be invited to your private blog! I've been debating for a while now if I want to make mine private for the very reason that you are making yours private. I saw a police officer on Oprah who was talking about putting your children's images online. He said that he's confiscated so many child predators computers that have pictures downloaded on them, where the parents have no idea about it. It really made me sick to think that someone may be viewing my children's pictures for bad reasons! So I may be following your lead soon. :-) Hope all is well with you and your family. We hope to visit AZ in the next few months!
Lynnie! i loved that you posted the link to the site monitor. I will start using it. I have gone back and forth on making my blog private verses public. I think I will make it private again. I cant believe how big Grant is already! They grow to quick.
Post a Comment