Monday, November 24, 2008
Is it just me?
OK, I have noticed a phenomenon at my house that happens almost everyday. It varies in degree, but happens like clockwork! I have named this special time the "switching hour(s)" At about 4:30-7:00pm every day we start to see the change. My children start coming out in different states of undress and distress. The undress, could be due to previous dress-up games, accidents, too hot, the list goes on. I know that this time of night is just hard on little people and moms too. I have to admit that on some days I too, have joined in the craziness of the "switching hour." I find myself in a state of distress and undress. Someday this time of night can be a little crazy, but fun, and on other nights it is survival time until their little heads hit the pillow. I was just wondering if it was just me, and how long until this "switching hour" goes away? If you know when it ends, or have any great survival tips please pass them along! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, yes! I dread these hours of the day. The only thing I've tried to do is make more crock-pot meals. This way I don't have to be in the kitchen too much during that crazy time and I can focus more attention on the kids. I think they just get tired and hungry all at the same time and start melting down. Sorry, I know that isn't much help but I know what what you mean. There are some days I can't get them to bed fast enough ;)
We have the same phenomenon going on here during that time... I dread that time of day! I am with the previous comment... I try to do crock pot meals or freeze meals to cook later and it helps. Or just lock yourself in the closet until bedtime! :) He, he!) Wish I had a great survival tip... I guess just know that you are not alone... while you are going crazy between 4:30 and 7pm, I am going nuts too! :)
i'm pretty sure josh enjoys your distress but mostly undress switching hour! :)
good luck!
That should be around the time your husband comes home, at which point you're allowed to run out of the house and leave him to take care of everything...in some alternate universe. In this one, I know what you're talking about. Good luck!
I'm all about the crockpot meals too--I think it helps keep things a little more sane, if that's even possible!
Post a Comment