Sunday, March 1, 2009

Do You Ever Feel Like Pulling Your Hair Out?

I feel like for the most part I am pretty good at teaching my kids things, but this one thing I have not mastered! They are so loud. They seem to get louder whenever someone is sleeping, especially their little brother. Their rooms are so close and sometimes they even wake him up. We have tried timeouts, practicing our quiet voices, etc. I am not sure how to get this point across. I know that they are just caught up in their playing, or yelling at each other :). If you have any good suggestions let me know, but I have a feeling I am doomed to be telling them to be quiet.

4 comments:

fish said...

as soon as you learn the secret, let me know. ashton does not have a volume button. he just has the loud setting.

Michelle said...

This must be a universal problem! Now that Caleb and Meagan both read, I made an impromptu sign today during nap time that read, "Shh! Napping Zone" I have no idea if it worked, but it made me feel better! Good luck with the naps!

Mechelle said...

have some outside/quite time, or maybe put a movie on. My boys are the same, loud is their only volume setting. Good luck!

corrychronicles said...

Good luck with that, when you find something that works, please share. I have been trying for 10 years to get my kids to use their "quiet" voice and I have decided that they will never learn. I have just learned to work around it.