Friday, March 27, 2009

Day at the Zoo

It has been almost two weeks since we went to the zoo, but I thought it would be fun to post some pictures of our little outing. Josh had a couple of days off for spring break and we decided to spend one of the days doing something the kids would really like. We went to the Phoenix Zoo this time. We normally go to the Wildlife World Zoo. It was a bit more walking , but the weather was perfect. One of our first stops was the farm area and the petting zoo. Juliana really wanted to brush one of the goats, but it was pretty busy that day and she couldn't find a brush. We saw a lot of animals, although I forgot to take pictures of the animals and mostly just took pictures of my little animals! We took a train ride around the zoo toward the end and at first I didn't think it was worth it, but Josh was right as usual. It ended up being a good thing. We had already been there a couple of hours and the kids were getting tired, so we were able to see the rest of the zoo and animals. I also learned a few things along the way.

As promised, before we left we all shared two snow cones and rode the carousel. Sometimes I think that my kids like these kinds of things the best. It is amazing that a snow cone that cost a couple of dollars is so exciting. While we were eating Grant had a blast chasing the pigeons around. It was pretty cute.

I love all of these pictures of them riding on the carousel, but I think that my favorite is of Malia.

4 comments:

corrychronicles said...

Sounds like such a fun outing, I can't wait until it is warm enough to go and do things like that.

Michelle said...

I love your fancy scrapbooking pictures. You are amazing! And your kids are adorable!!

trublubyu said...

the zoo is fun- in small amounts. it looks like you had a great time. and, i agree, kids really get excited over those little things- like $2 snowcones.

Dan and Jess Oliver said...

What great photos! How did you make those scrapbook pages? Are they with a digital program? I'm starting to get back into scraping again...when I have free time that is.