

Yesterday my Mom and sister Susie came over and helped me make some wall art for my bedroom. I have this big empty wall above my bed and needed something large but not too expensive to fill it. My Mom had made this craft in her own house and I thought it would be a great way to add a little color to my room. It was fairly easy and only cost about 20-30 dollars. Mom found the idea at Michaels.com under the subtitle Decorating in a Flash. I am so glad they came to help. I have to say that crafting with kids around can be a little crazy!! We had a fun visit. Thanks Mom and Susie!
(P.S. If it looks a little tilted, I think that it was my poor photography skills and not the actual art.)
10 comments:
Nice work! You know, I've never seen your room before! Looks good - and neat. :)
I think that looks Great! Is it material or paper? How long has Susanna been going by Susie?
I love it!! It is very cute.
It is made from styrofoam(sp?) and scrapbook paper. We painted the edges of the foam and then glued 12x12 paper to the front. You have to cut the 3ftx1ft styrofoam into 12in x12in squares. Then you just hang!
This is so cute! We are just trying to redecorate our bedroom right now, and have just been talking about what to hang on the walls, so it's nice to see something so cute that's not too expensive.
GOod JOb. It looks so "designer" I've been looking far a way to do the same thing in our room.. Can I copy? I'll use diff colors. but a great way to bring in all the colors you need!.
BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE IT!!! I also love the colors you picked. It's looks like something that would fit in my house with allt he reds! Great job!
this is awesome, carolyn. i am especially impressed with the symmetrical hanging of all the squares. that is tricky!~
I really like this Idea too, I may be copying, but with different colors
Super cute - We dont have anything over our bed either and I had seen a similar idea in a baby magazine for a nursery - yours is a more grown up version :) You were in my really random dream last night - I don't even remember it really, I just woke up thinking - I haven't talked to Carolyn in awhile :) Hope you are doing well~
Post a Comment