Thursday, May 15, 2008

Released!!

I know that I have done three separate posts on the same day, but life as usual is crazy and I haven't had much time. I didn't realize how having three kids makes such a difference. In some ways it is not that different and in others it is very different! Well as some of you know, I have been the Relief Society president for the past two years and a counselor for a year and a half before that. I loved serving and working with the sisters and the bishop, but in the last could of months, it was really stressing me out. We have a lot of young families with lots of babies and needs and at times I felt as though I couldn't keep up with it all, plus all of the other responsibilities as a mom, etc. I finlly let the bishop know how I was feeling, I told him I still wanted to serve, but he felt strongly that I needed to take care of my family and that I could serve in other ways. I have bitter-sweet feelings about being released, but a lot of relief at the same time.(no pun intended!)After hearing Elder Ballards talk at conference about mothers, I know that this was the right thing for my family and me.

4 comments:

Alida said...

I understand how you feel. I am sure you served well and now it is time for someone else to serve. I can't imagine doing that with a small family. You're amazing!

Mere and Matt said...

What a relief for you! Congrats for making it as long as you did. I couldn't do it for more than a year, and I was in college, no kids, no worries (yeah, right). But still, it does wear on you. I'm glad you shared it with the bishop!

Jane said...

I don't know how you did it for so long with young kids! My Mom was RS president for several years when I was younger, and so I know how time consuming and involving it was for her. She used to say that with all the hours she put into it, it was really like having a part to full time job, on top of all her other responsabilities. I'm sure you helped a lot of people with your service though. Good job!

Matt and Shannon said...

Hi there! I totally agree about family coming first and I loved Elder Ballard's talk too. I think I need to take a copy to my Bishop :) I am YW Pres now, going on 2 years. It does take a lot of energy to really do your calling well, which I'm sure you did. It's nice to get a break sometimes though. Your family is so cute! I hope that all is going well.